Effective on October 18, 2018
The Platform is designed to provide interior designers, architects and other service providers (“Pros”) with tools to better manage their day-to-day business and workflow with clients and related parties (“Clients”) and third party vendors and suppliers (“Vendors”). The Platform is also designed to improve the design experience for Clients, by allowing Clients to review and approve invoices from Pros and make payments online.
- Eligibility. You are allowed to use the Platform if you are at least 16 years of age or if older, the minimum age lawfully allowed to use the Platform without parental consent.
- Accounts. If you create an account on the Platform, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential and secure, and you agree to provide us with truthful and correct information about you as prompted and to keep this information updated (including contact information). You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Accounts are not transferable. We reserve the right to close an account for any reason we deem reasonable. We reserve the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time.
- Transactions. The Platform may allow contracts and proposals to be made available for review and signature (including e-signature) and payments to be accepted or made. Ivy is not responsible for any contracts or proposals made available through the Platform. Ivy has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of any goods or services advertised by Pros or Vendors; the truth or accuracy of any advertisements; the ability of Pros or Vendors to sell or provide goods or services; the ability of any user to pay for any goods or services; or the completion of any transaction on the Platform. Ivy does not warrant or guarantee that any goods or services offered through the Platform will meet your requirements. As a Pro or Vendor, you agree to deliver the items that have been purchased unless the material conditions of delivery are not met. Pros are 100% liable for all purchases made on behalf of Clients.
- Platform Modifications. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Platform (or any aspect of the Platform), temporarily or permanently, with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Platform.
- Platform Limitations. You acknowledge that Ivy may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Platform, including the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Platform and the maximum storage space that will be allotted to you. Each pricing plan is subject to a maximum number of “activated” projects as further described here.
- User Disputes. We are not a party to any agreement between our users, including Pros, Clients or Vendors. As a Pro, Client or Vendor, you release us from any liability for any agreements or interactions with any other Pros, Clients or Vendors. You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Platform, and we will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Platform. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections, statutory or otherwise, that would limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release. The release in the preceding sentence includes California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Fees and Costs.
(i) Pros and Vendors: As a Pro or Vendor, you will be required to pay for certain aspects of the Platform. Current fees related to our plans can be found here and fees related to our payment processing can be found here. You agree to pay the fees associated with the initial plan you select and any subsequent changes (whether manual or automatic). Plan fees include automatically recurring fees and usage-based fees, as well as the transaction fees deducted automatically from payments made to you through the Platform and one-time fees that you may incur. Plan pricing may be based on the number of “activated” projects during the term of that plan. A project in your account on the Platform is considered “activated” when either a new invoice is created or a payment is received on the project. If you exceed the number of activated projects for your pricing tier, your account will be changed to the plan at the next pricing tier and, starting with your next billing period, you will be charged the fees for the next pricing tier. The agreed upon fees for each pricing tier may be accessed through your account page in the Platform. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars (USD) and do not include federal, state and local sales, use, or excise taxes, where applicable. Ivy may add such taxes to invoices or sales orders, and you shall be responsible to pay or reimburse Ivy for any such applicable taxes associated with the Platform other than taxes based on Ivy’s net income.
(iii) Automatic Payments and Renewal: If you subscribe to a plan for the Platform, you will be charged (using the payment method associated with your account) the applicable fee at the beginning of each month of your plan. Plans will automatically renew at the end of each 12 month term at the pricing tier in place at the time of renewal. If you do not want your plan to renew, you must contact Ivy at least 30 days in advance of the end of the term. Otherwise, you are still responsible for paying for your plan for the renewal term. In all cases, you are responsible for paying for the full current term of your plan.
(iv) Payments from Clients: To the extent that you receive payment from Clients through the Platform, payments will be disbursed to you according to the schedules listed here. Please note that all payments made through the Platform are facilitated through a third-party payment processor. Ivy does not take custody of your funds, nor can Ivy access such funds.
(iv) Payments by Clients: As a Client, you may pay Pros or Vendors for goods or services through the Platform by authorizing Ivy and our third-party payment processor to charge the method of payment associated with your account. You agree to pay the entire amount that you approve, including any taxes or fees. If such amounts are reversed and deducted from Ivy’s accounts, you agree to remit the amounts to Ivy and, if you fail to do so, you authorize Ivy and our third-party payment processor to collect the amounts from you, using any legal manner without prejudice to any other right or remedy we may be entitled to under these Terms or by law.
- Payment Method. To the extent the Platform or any aspect thereof is made available for any fee, or you are paying or receiving payment for goods or services via the Platform, you will be required to provide Ivy information regarding your credit card or other payment method or bank account. You represent and warrant to Ivy that (i) such information is true; (ii) you are authorized to use the payment method; (iii) you are authorized to provide such payment information to us; (iv) such action does not violate the terms and conditions applicable to your use of such payment method or applicable law; and (v) you authorize Ivy and our third-party payment processor to charge your payment method for the amount displayed through the Platform. You will promptly update your Account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur. Ivy does not have access to information about your payment method, other than your name and contact information as required for customer service, but our payment processor may store and update your payment method, and we may continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your use of the Platform and for other transactions you authorize through the Platform.
- Payment Disputes. If you dispute any charges by Ivy you must let Ivy know within thirty (30) days after the date that Ivy charges you. If you dispute any charges by another user, you must contact the user directly. If you, as Pro, Client or Vendor, are involved in a credit card dispute involving a payment made through or in connection with the Platform, such as a chargeback, you agree to provide Ivy and Ivy’s third-party payment processor with all information relevant to the dispute. If any funds are withdrawn from Ivy’s accounts as a result of the dispute or chargeback, you agree to reimburse Ivy within 48-hours of the date the dispute was initiated. We may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed to Ivy by instructing our payment processor to deduct such amounts from your account, deducting from future payments owed to you, reversing any credits to your account balance, charging your credit card, or through any other lawful means, including by using third-party collections services. You authorize us to use any or all of the foregoing methods to seek reimbursement. As a Pro or Vendor, if you agree to refund any fees to another party, you are responsible and will pay Ivy (and Ivy may retain) any transaction costs associated with such refund.
- Price Changes. We reserve the right to change our prices. If we change or update prices, we will provide notice of the change on the Platform or by email, at Ivy’s option, at least 30 days before the change takes effect. To the extent you continue to use the Platform after the price change becomes effective, such use constitutes your agreement to pay the prices as amended. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service and end the earlier of the date identified or 30 days after the initial announcement.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Content. You may submit or transmit content (including data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and other media, links) through the Platform (“Your Content”), for example, as part of registration, the listing process (which may include items, item descriptions, messaging text, newsletters, photographs, audio, video and descriptions), the messaging service, any public message area (including forums or feedbacks) or any email feature. The Platform allows messaging and sharing of information in many ways. Your Content that you share or post may be seen by other users. You are solely responsible for Your Content.
- Rights Granted by You. As between you and us, you own Your Content, and you grant to us and our affiliates, without compensation or further consent or notice to you or others, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide, sublicensable license: (a) to use, reproduce, process, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, transmit and distribute Your Content, or any portion thereof; (b) to use your trademark and logo; and (c) if you identify yourself by name or provide a picture or audio or video recording of yourself, to reproduce, print, publish and disseminate your name, voice and likeness; in each case, in any format, media or distribution method (whether now known or hereafter created), including in promotional campaigns, marketing materials and to identify you as a customer. Further, to the extent permitted under applicable law, you waive and release and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in Your Content. By submitting suggestions or other feedback to Ivy, you agree that Ivy and its affiliates can (but are not required to) use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
- Platform. Ivy reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Platform. Using the Platform does not give you any ownership in the Platform or the content or information made available through the Platform. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners. The Ivy name and logos and other Ivy trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for the Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ivy.
- Conditions of Use
- Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable domestic, local, state and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our Platform and your listings, purchases, solicitation of offers, sale of items and Your Content, if and to the extent applicable.
- upload any content that (i) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (ii) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (iii) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; or in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Platform, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type;
- solicit, harass, stalk, impersonate or abuse another user of the Platform;
- be false, misleading, untruthful, inaccurate, defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, harassing, harmful, abusive or vulgar; promote violence, racial hatred terrorism or illegal acts;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity;
- be obscene or transmit pornography;
- transmit software viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests for information designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Platform;
- interfere with or disrupt the Platform or servers or networks connected to the Platform, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Platform; impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your credentials or your affiliation with a person or entity;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- modify, adapt or hack the Platform or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Platform;
- unless otherwise expressly authorized by us or in the Platform, display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any portion of the Platform, use of the Platform, or access to the Platform (including Content in the Platform);
- engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- implement any measures to circumvent restrictions to or within the Platform (e.g., by masking or blocking your IP address or using a proxy IP address).
- Violations. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this provision, including removing the offending content from the Platform, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to law enforcement authorities. We have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Platform.
- Other Content, Sites and Apps.
By using the Platform, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. We generally do not review content provided by our users or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including users’) content or information. We cannot always prevent misuse of the Platform, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from the Platform. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except as may be required by applicable law, we are not responsible for these other sites and apps – use these at your own risk.
- Copyright Infringement Policy.
Ivy is committed to protecting the rights of copyright rights holders and seeks to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the protection of intellectual property.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any user submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our agent identified below with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works within the Platform are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works that appear within the Platform;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Ivy will process any notices of alleged copyright infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, Ivy will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing.
Ivy may notify the owner or administrator of the affected content so that he or she can make a counter-notification pursuant to his or her rights under the DMCA. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to our agent identified below that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Ivy may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Notices of claimed infringement and counter-notifications should be directed to our agent by mailing all required documentation to: IVY 1 Little West 12th street, New York NY 10014 ATTN: COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT DESIGNATED AGENT or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Attn: Copyright Infringement Designated Agent” in the subject line.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
THE IVY ENTITIES PROVIDE THE PLATFORM “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. THE IVY ENTITIES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
THE IVY ENTITIES DO NOT BUY OR SELL OR REPRESENT ANY PRO OR ITEMS ON THE PLATFORM AND DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR THE SALE OR ATTEMPTED SALE OF ITEMS ON AND VIA THE PLATFORM. THE IVY ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE PLATFORM WILL BE CORRECTED. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM.
- Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE IVY ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFIT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF AN IVY ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE PLATFORM; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR LOSS OF YOUR CONTENT OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PLATFORM; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PLATFORM. IN NO EVENT WILL THE IVY ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID IVY IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
- Disputes and Governing Law
- Waiver of Class Action. You acknowledge and agree that you and Ivy each are waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff as a class member in any class action proceeding.
- Arbitration Rules and Governing Law. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution’ section. (The AAA Rules are available at http://www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879). The Federal Arbitration act will govern the interpretation of this section.
- Arbitration Process. A party who desires to initiate the arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of California and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within 7 days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with AAA Rules.
- Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless you and Ivy agree otherwise, the arbitration will be conducted in San Francisco, California. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and Ivy submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing and the arbitrator then determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by AAA Rules. Subject to AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration. For claims that exceed $10,000 and involve a hearing, you may elect for the hearing be conducted by telephone.
- Arbitrator’s Decision. The arbitrator will render an award within the timeframe specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any award of damages by an arbitrator must be consistent with the “Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability” section above. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief in favor of the claimant only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim.
- Fees. Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be as set forth in the AAA Rules.
- This Section 12
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You agree that Ivy will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Platform. Neither your election to terminate your account nor any termination by Ivy for your material breach will entitle you to a refund of any payment or void your responsibility to pay for the full term of any paid plan that you agreed to purchase.
- Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Platform from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. You may contact us at Ivy, Inc., (650) 924-0244, 539 Bryant St, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94107.
- Questions? Concerns? Suggestions?